As a graduate, you will earn an Ontario College Diploma and will have acquired specialized knowledge and skills in international business, which will allow you to carry out international business functions in today’s global marketplace. In this program, you will demonstrate achievement of vocational learning outcomes which relate to both business in general and international business in particular. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to carry out a variety of business functions in the global marketplace, and assume entry-level positions in sales, risk management, marketing, business planning, compliance and research.
- You will be able to apply communication, networking, and teamwork skills to support integrative trade initiatives. This program will provide you with an opportunity to become comfortable with new technologies and understand the importance of integrating them with an organization’s overall mission and objectives.
- You will be able to prepare documents and follow procedures to support the movement of products and services across international borders and select and implement strategies to deal with cultural differences.
- One of the goals of this program is to help you understand how business success at the international level is linked to strong corporate sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Conduct an environmental scan to outline and analyze the impact of world issues on an organization’s international business opportunities.
- Contribute to market research to support an organization’s international business decision-making.
- Prepare documentation and follow procedures to support the movement of products and services in the organization’s global supply chain.
- Identify statutory and regulatory compliance issues related to an organization’s integrative trade* initiatives.
- Select and contribute to the implementation of strategies to address the impact of cultural differences on an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of an international marketing plan to support an organization’s integrative trade* initiatives.
- Identify and interpret relevant international financial documents and identify financial strategies that support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- Outline the components of an international business plan and assess how it impacts an organization’s priorities.